Not as complicated to grow as you might think, Begonia can be grown for hanging baskets, tubs or the garden.
- Start growing the corms from mid February to March
- Plant the corms concave side up (i.e. depression on top)
- Start in a shallow tray or pot of damp compost so the corm is slightly above or level with the soil
- Place in the warmth 60-70°F/15-21°C on a windowsill or propagator
- Once sprouted they can be kept cooler 50-60°F/10-15°C
- Once the risk of frost has passed they can be planted out in mid May to June in containers, hanging baskets or the garden
- The corms can be kept over winter in frost free conditions, ready to start the process again the following spring