The fruit has a unique flavour and is high in vitamin C.
- Prefers a sunny site but will tolertae light shade.
- Add plenty of organic matter to the soil before planting.
- Plant between Autumn and Spring.
- Plant 1.5m/5ft apart.
- Mulch in Spring and water in dry weather.
- After planting reduce all shoots to one bud above the ground.
- Subsequent years remove any weak wood and up to a third of the older wood so that new growth is produced.
- Pick the fruit as it ripens
- The fruit can be frozen, preserved, used in desserts, jams and drinks.